Last month, we had our District Committee Meeting where each of the GTA’s clubs shared what they’ve been up to. It was a busy first half to the year. Highlights include:
- During Christmas 2021, BGC Toronto Kiwanis fundraised to support 180 families with over 300 children and youth
- Members from East York Kiwanis also sent diapers and Christmas gifts to the single mothers at Rosalie Hall during the Christmas season
- For Thanksgiving and Easter, the Casa Loma Club partnered with Metro Store in Etobicoke in packing and selling over 900 food bags with the help of the Parkdale and Harbord Key Clubs
- Kiwanis Clubs of the GTA have all partnered up with Staples, providing donations and learning supplies to most-needed schools and communities to provide academic security
- During Kiwanis One Day, members from the Toronto and Toronto Caribbean Club have packed over 1,000 emergency food kits at Global Medic and donated $8,000 for disaster relief in Syria
You can see the rest of the club’s accomplishments in this video.