Earlier this month, the Kiwanis Kingsway Humber Club received an urgent request from the Youth Without Shelter in North Etobicoke to help them provide Food Care Kits to between 15 and 25 former residents of the shelter who are coming to their door every week for food support.
Members of the Club followed the Shelter’s recommended grocery items for each Food Care Kit. They purchased the items and a few extra groceries for $30 each kit. A total of six bags were completed as shown in the photos.
Upon dropping off the grocery items, volunteers from the club were met by Mike and four residents who expressed their thanks to Kiwanis Kingsway Humber for their kindness and quick action. Mike explained that many more former youth are depending on them now for food, toiletries, clothing and baby items.
Following the drop-off at the Shelter, our team members with Michelle Knol, Community and Family Services Coordinator Etobicoke Temple, to present our cheque for $1,175.20 to cover the sponsorship of the transportation costs for community youngster. coming from families with financial challenges to attend a week at two summer camps.
- Camp Blaze is for children 6 to 9 years. Newport Adventure Camp is for Youth 10 to 15 years.
- This is an amazing opportunity for children to go to camp and experience new adventures, have fun and meet new friends.
- Each day is filled with fun activities – like sports, canoeing, swimming, rock climbing, wagon rides, bouncy castle and crafts.
- Camp will help children to make new friends, have a positive attitude and learn new life lessons.
- Evenings are to enjoy sitting around a camp fire to sing songs, do skits and listen to stories by camp and youth leaders.