This weekend we held our Divisional Club Meeting where we shared some of the accomplishments and celebrated the achievements of our 11 clubs.
While 2021 brought a number of challenges, the 11 clubs in the Greater Toronto Area continued to support those in need in their communities.
- We have partnered with many Staples locations for their “Back to School” program and we’ve raised over $100,000.
- We have also supported several women’s shelters and delivered diapers, backpacks and gift cards.
- We supported the Salvation Army home for disabled children by providing dinners and Christmas gifts.
- We supported local food banks with financial assistance and farmer’s vegetables delivered to the local food backs. We also supported the food banks with donations of school supplies.
- We have packed emergency food kits destined for Syria at GlobalMedic and we have prepared and delivered lunches for youngsters who are identified as being in need of extra food support.
- We have sponsored and supported the Toronto Boys and Girls Clubs as well as provided financial support to the Kiwanis advisors in 11 high schools.
Learn more about what our clubs achieved this year:
We also took the opportunity to recognize all of the clubs who have won Club of the Month awards (Kiwanis Club of Toronto, Caribbean and Kiwanis Club of East York) and we congratulate the Toronto Caribbean Club for winning Kiwanis Club fo the Year!